Running a services-based business isn’t for the feint of heart and as you’re juggling client projects, sometimes it’s easy to let client communications slide. In this episode we’re talking client comms: how-to do it better, how to watch for red flags and more.
Here’s the scoop from episode #14:
- We talk about why client communication is so important
- When you’re not communicating with your clients, they start to worry they’re not getting the value they need or that things aren’t getting done
- Make sure that you’re not over communicating: the client doesn’t need to know how the sausage is being made, they just want to know when it will be delivered
- Keep your level of communication on par with that of the client: if they like a longer communication, respond in kind (without writing back a book)
- How can you keep the lines of communication untangled and open with your clients?
- It’s easy to feel isolated in the online world: letting your clients feel heard is key to going above and beyond with your client communication
- Kindness and compassion can really set you apart: it’s easy to be misled by an email
- We talk about how to sit down and rate yourself with each client and the aspects of working with them: if you’re feeling you’re not an A plus in something, chances are the client is feeling it as well
- Owning your mistakes without making it worse than it is can really feel good landing with the client
- We talk about our client checkpoints that we have set in place and why, and how they have improved our client communications
- If you have an unresponsive client, try to figure out why: are they working in a different time zone or off hours from you?
- Pick one action you can do now to make this real and improve your client communication
Links for this show: