Can you believe it? 2016 is half way through, so how do you use this as a point to reset, and take your Summer to recharge? We’re talking about how to do a mid-year check up on our business goals and plans, and how to do your own checkup so September doesn’t roll around and you’re scrambling.
Here’s the scoop from episode #16:
- We talk about how we just ‘re-calibrated’ our 2016 goals and why
- You can set goals at the beginning of the year, but everything can change in the first half of the year
- Check in with yourself, if you are killing yourself to hit your goals, you run your own business and can re-examine and reset
- You want to push yourself, but if you’re consistently not making your goals they need to be adjusted-you don’t want to feel like you’re failing all the time
- We are taking in so much in a day that tells us we’re ‘less than’, the more you can get away from this and lock it down, the better it is for your business
- There are different seasons in your business, you need to adjust your expectations and goals accordingly
- We talk about SMART goals: what are they and how do we use them in our business?
- You are already an ambitious person by owning your own business, but there is such thing as too much ambition. We explain what this can look like
- We talk about The 12 Week Year and The One Thing (links below) and why we recommend and use them in our day to day business
- Be realistic about what you’re really going to get done this summer, focus on what really matters to you and some things might have to wait
- This is your invitation to press the pause button and reflect on the half year that’s passed and what you’d like the next half year to look like
Links for this show: