You need a niche is the most common advice. But do you? How do you actually find a niche? We’re breaking it all down in this episode of the Inside Scoop Show including why we’ve got a love/hate relationship with niching.
Here’s the scoop from episode #29:
- What is a niche and why do we need one?
- While niching is really important, it can get carried away sometimes, we explain when and how we’ve seen this happen
- The magic of the niche is having a focus and making it easy for the right clients for you to find you
- If you niche too early, you can really limit yourself and your potential clients
- Making yourself a little more contained about what you do can set you apart and make you an expert
- You have to find the balance between finding your niche and taking it too far, we talk about how we have struggled with that balance in the past
- You have to take into account the current market: it’s ever-changing and your audience may want different things as time passes
- You can niche by what you do, but you can also niche by who you serve: we talk about the difference
- When should you actually niche and why?
- When you niche, also pay attention to what you actually like to do
- If you are struggling to find business and clients, it may be time to examine if you have made your focus too narrow or too broad
Links for this show: