It’s the season of love and we’re celebrating by talking about how to show your business some love. After all, when you’re offering services, it’s easy for your business to become last on the list. In this episode, we’re sharing practical ideas for showing your business a bit more love in the next month.
Here’s the scoop from episode #46:
- When you’re not loving your business, it shows.
- Let’s talk balance – that’s a myth. Sometimes your work takes over, sometimes your personal life takes over. Balance is a fluid thing so don’t stress about that on a daily basis. Consider it from an overall perspective.
- Schedule time off! Prioritize this – a clear mind will help with creativity roadblocks, rejuvenating energy, and building motivation.
- Think about taking vacations from being connected. Unplugging will do wonders – even if it is just 24 hours.
- Set up a regular (monthly or weekly) date to work on your business – things like operations, finances, marketing, etc.
- If you are more than 80% billable, you should consider taking your foot off the gas. If you are the boss, you can’t be billable all the time.
- Find something every month that needs a little TLC and focus on it (e.g. finance or marketing).
- Celebrate your successes in your business. Daily, weekly, monthly – whatever suits you.
- Avoid compare and despair mode. Where someone else is, is not relevant to where you are.
- Be compassionate with yourself.
- Loving yourself and your business is key to getting to where you want to be.