Being a solopreneur can make it feel like you truly are a solo show. In this episode we’re talking about how to avoid falling into the trap of thinking you need to do it ALL on your own.
But when you’re used to being a solo show -it can be tricky to figure out what help you need and when…and what’s going to be productive and profitable. Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
Here’s the scoop from Episode #54:
- Not every business is designed to expand into a multinational conglomerate – it’s okay if that isn’t your vision.
- But just because you are small, it doesn’t mean you can’t get help, moral support and more. You have options –
- Collaborations: working with a colleague or friend with a complementary service or a target demographic that you want to reach. Great opportunity but choose wisely!
- Masterminds: If can’t collaborate, maybe you need peer support or guidance. They are all different, so be clear on what you want and what you want to get out of it.
- Coaching: Like mastermind groups, make sure that not only are they are the right fit in advance but that you have a clear vision of what you want in advance. Better understanding of your feelings vs. accountability and results. Very different.
- Accountability partners: easier to find than masterminds, look for that someone who jives with you and just start with short, weekly meetings. Great way to get the support you need.
- Professional services – accounting, taxes, etc.: know that you have a limit to your skills, and there are some things that you really shouldn’t be doing yourself. Think taxes especially.
- Key things to watch for: what support do you need and when do you need it, know your goals in advance, be smart about what you are investing in
- Make sure that you’re getting REAL support and not just more things on your hard drive or work to do
Links for this show:
If you missed any podcasts and want to get caught up, you can find all of our previous episodes on our new Podcast Hub.
Join our Services Business Success Facebook group for all of the latest updates here.