When you work with clients, it can be hard to figure out the balance between enough clients and having too many. Today’s we’re dishing up the truth about how many clients you really and truly need…and when enough is enough.
Here’s the scoop from episode #7:
- We talk about the debate over how many clients you really need to run a services-based business.
- The ‘perfect’ number of clients for you can shift and evolve as your business grows.
- We talk about when to say no and how we have used it in our business.
- There are always times in your business where you will have too few clients; this is normal and there are things you can do to fix it.
- Once you can sit down and analyze the ebbs and flows of your business throughout the year, you can plan ahead for the times you will have too few clients.
- You can sometimes control your client volume: there will be times you say yes every time for a while because you need the money and savings; there are times you will say more no’s because of what you have going on in life.
- Sometimes you have to push yourself outside of your comfort zone: ask for that referral, reach out by email, etc. to push through those ‘too few clients’ times.
- We talk about how to recognize when you have too many clients and what to do about it.
- When you start to get overwhelmed, you have to find your personal tipping point where you won’t be giving your clients the great experience they expect.
- We talk about how we use time blocking and the Fibonacci sequence to break down your time appropriately.
- We talk about buffer time versus strategic time and how to use it and bill for it.
- What does ‘just right’ look like for you as far as client volume? We share what it feels like for us and how it benefits our business.
Links for this show: